End Of The Week Rambling Friday 6/6/25 Its been a good week. Got quite a few things done. I thought I would muse about the military a bit. This was a typical setting for relaxing between flight quarters when you were working the flight deck. This is sitting on the bow of the flight deck. No noise. Just the sound of the water breaking over the bow 60 feet below you and the wind in your face cruising thru the Med at 25 knots I liked being at sea. This was before the days of computers, e mail, phones, wifi calls to your family, etc. Books, music, letters, newspapers were the medium back then. The mail usually came twice a week, The separation from family and friends was easier without daily reminders of where you were not. The sleeping arrangements, food, noise, heat, odors, and 12 hour work shifts were tolerable and kept you occupied. We didn't have civilian clothes so it was dress uniform for liberty. (In the last 6 months of my enlistment, that changed). We usually anc...
Popular posts from this blog
Friday May 30 2025 It’s been a really quick week. It just seems like yesterday that I was watching the Harvest Church Sunday 0900 streaming service. I was able to get to the Shelby Farms Market on Tuesday and pick up some fresh tomatoes. Wednesday we had the Group dinner at the Pastors home. Burritos and all the fixings. Not to mention the spirited conversation afterwards. Today Friday, I was able to finish killing the weeds in the drainage areas of my back yard and east side. There is still a load of work left to be done in the back. I picked up some snacks and dinner at Piggly Wiggly. Currently I am watching a Clint Eastwood movie. My feet and legs are not cooperating like they should. Maybe I’m thinking about how they worked 10 years ago. Getting old is a challenge. There is a classic car show at LaBell Haven church tomorrow. I don’t know if my legs and back will let me do that or not. I can take a walker but just somehow, lookin at muscle cars with a wa...
End of the 2024 College Football Season
Well it is that time of the year again. It’s going to be Ohio State or Notre Dame. The championship game is about to get underway in Atlanta. I am not sure who is favored. I like booth teams so I am just looking for a close game. The days of the “amateur” athlete are pretty much over with. College football has become first and foremost a training ground for the NFL Secondly, it is a great money maker for colleges. It’s like another arm of corporate America. Actually, you can look at College football as another American industry. On another note, we swore in Mr. Trump for his delayed second term. I listened to his acceptance speech. If he does 1/3 of what he proposes, there is going to be an awakening in America. Mr Trump brought God back to the White House. I personally find him refreshing. There is a lot of good and bad associated with him. But with him, it will not be the same old tax and spend government.













Comments
Post a Comment